Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Change

US coins of various denominations

My dollar becomes 4 quarters, 10 dimes, 20 nickels, and 100 pennies.

Yet it still adds up to a dollar. Why then do I need change?

Change is good. Change is difficult. Change is constant.

I change my clothes. I change my car oil. I change my hairstyle. I change my mind.

Some days I want the dollar bill, some days I want the quarters.

With each transaction and transfer I'm transformed.

Change creates options and opportunities.

My dollar becomes 4 quarters to pay for my laundry, 10 dimes to buy my candy, 20 nickels to play the arcade, and 100 pennies to make my wishes a reality.

I'll keep the change.

1 comment:

  1. Martin, if it takes 100 pennies to make your dreams come true, you must not be wishing hard enough. Maybe you should find a different fountain.

    ReplyDelete